2022-23 VIRTUAL READING PROGRAM
Applications are now open for our February 2023 cohort of our after-school virtual reading program. Please carefully read the information below before submitting your application.
Could your child benefit from extra support on their way to becoming a confident, joyful reader? ONE TO ONE is excited to invite students from across B.C. to apply for our 2022-23 Virtual Reading Program. The program runs after school through the school year and allows children to make reading a habit by reading for 30 minutes, once a week, with a dedicated volunteer literacy tutor. Sessions will focus on building literacy skills and self-confidence by prioritizing fluency and reading for meaning.
Our Virtual Reading Program:
- Provides weekly, 30-minute reading sessions from February 13th, 2023 to May 26th, 2023 (with breaks for school holidays)
- Is hosted on Zoom, using Epic! Books
- Takes place after school, between 4:00-6:00pm
- Is free to join, but spaces are limited and dependent on both family and tutor availability
PLEASE NOTE: While we know that every child would benefit from regular reading practice with a ONE TO ONE volunteer tutor, our program is intended to help students who are reading just behind their peers or grade level and could use a little boost to help them take that next step. With that in mind…
We welcome you to submit an application if your child:
- Needs extra reading support and would benefit from practice reading, with a trained volunteer tutor
- Is in Grades 1-4 in British Columbia
- Is able to commit to weekly reading sessions from February 13th, 2023 to May 26th, 2023 (with breaks for school holidays).
- Is one whose literacy and English language needs could be easily supported by a volunteer tutor
- Is willing to read and cooperate with their volunteer tutor
To apply, please complete all fields in the form below. Please note that registration is not guaranteed and is dependent on both student eligibility and family and tutor availability.
Our team will contact you once we have reviewed your application. If you have questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.