2023-2024 VIRTUAL READING PROGRAM
Could your child benefit from extra support on their way to becoming a confident, joyful reader? ONE TO ONE is excited to invite students from across B.C. to apply for our 2023-2024 Virtual Reading Program. The program runs after school through the school year and allows children to make reading a habit by reading for 30 minutes, once a week, with a dedicated volunteer literacy tutor. Sessions will focus on building literacy skills and self-confidence by prioritizing fluency and reading for meaning.
Our Virtual Reading Program:
- Provides weekly, 30-minute reading sessions from November 6, 2023 to May 31, 2024 (with breaks for school holidays)
- Is hosted on Zoom, using Epic! Books
- Takes place after school, between 4:00-6:00pm
- Is free to join, but spaces are limited and dependent on both family and tutor availability
We welcome you to submit an application if your child:
- Needs extra reading support and would benefit from practice reading, with a trained volunteer tutor
- Is in Grades 1-4 in British Columbia
- Is able to commit to weekly reading sessions from November 6, 2023 to May 31, 2024 (with breaks for school holidays).
- Is one whose literacy and English language needs could be easily supported by a volunteer tutor
- Is willing to read and cooperate with their volunteer tutor
To apply, please complete all fields in the form below. Please note that registration is not guaranteed and is dependent on both student eligibility and family and tutor availability.
Our team will contact you once we have reviewed your application. If you have questions, please reach out to email@example.com.