2021-22 Virtual Reading Program
Please note: Registrations for the fall intake of our virtual reading program are at capacity. Applicants will be wait-listed for our January 2022 intake.
Could your child benefit from extra support on their way to becoming a confident, joyful reader? ONE TO ONE is excited to invite students from across B.C. to apply for our 2021-22 Virtual Reading Program. The program runs after-school through the school year and allows children to make reading a habit by reading for 30 minutes, once a week, with a dedicated volunteer literacy tutor. Sessions will focus on building literacy skills and self-confidence by prioritizing fluency and reading for meaning.
Our Virtual Reading Program
- Provides weekly, 30-minute sessions from January to May 27th, 2022 (with breaks during school holidays)
- Is hosted on Zoom, using Epic! Books
- Takes place after school, between 3:30-6p.m.
- There is no cost to participate, but spaces are limited
We welcome you to submit an application if your child:
- Is in Grades 1-7 in British Columbia
- Needs extra reading support and would benefit from extra practice reading, with a trained volunteer tutor
- Is able to commit to weekly reading sessions from January to May 27, 2022 (with breaks for school holidays).
- Is one whose literacy and English language needs could be easily supported by their volunteer tutor
- Is willing to read and cooperate with their volunteer tutor
To apply, please complete all fields in the form below. Please note that registration is not guaranteed and is dependent on both availability and eligibility. Registrations for the fall intake of the virtual reading program are at capacity. Applicants will be wait-listed for our January 2022 intake.
Our team will contact you once we have reviewed your application. If you have questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.